January 19, 2009

New Year's destashing

it's the new year, so that means organizing and cleaning in my art studio... one of the first things I need to do is sort thru my books- I have lots of books and magazines, and I feel bad that I haven't touched some of them in quite a while, so I'm putting them into my Etsy shop for someone else to enjoy and use! All are gently/barely used, and no writing or creases inside. (Check out my Etsy shop, or contact me thru Blogger if you're interested in any of them.) Supply Savvy Scrapbooking- how to make scrapbooking embellishments out of things you have around, and ways to save $$ but still have really cool-looking album pages. 164 pages, published by Creating Keepsakes in 2006. Price: $10 plus shipping (via Media Mail).
Vintage Greeting Cards with Mary Jo McGraw- "how to create handmade cards that capture the look and feel of antiques and heirlooms." Learn techniques for aging paper, how to use unusual materials such as mica, and ways of using metal and non-traditional card-making materials. 128 pages, published 2003. Price: $12 + shipping (via Media Mail).
Our Family Scrapbooks, by Lisa Bearnson and Becky Higgins. from Amazon: "Lisa Bearnson and Becky Higgins share their family albums and give you easy-to-implement ideas for creating your own family albums..." Each album shown also includes a sketch and a bonus layout so you can adapt the ideas to your own photo albums. 164 pages, published by Creating Keepsakes company. Price: $10 + shipping (via Media Mail).
Collage Creations... "over 20 step-by-step creative collage techniques to decorate home decor items and gifts with a range of creative materials from handmade paper and collage ephemera to rubber stamps, paints, and other embellishments." 128 pages, published by North Light Books in 2004. Price: $12 + shipping (via Media Mail).

1 comment:

Felicia said...

Good for you for destashing! I had a major rummage and purge after the holidays too :)