December 20, 2006

early blog-iversary!

Wow, I started this blog a year ago tomorrow! I don't usually remember things like this... my car turned over 100,000 miles a few weeks ago- I knew it was going to happen, but forgot to look at the odometer till it was on 100,002- that's just how these things go with me!! I know this post is a day early, but tomorrow is going to be crazy... I'm going to work at 5 am, leaving at 1:30 pm, driving home, where we will load up the car and then head up to the airport (which is very close to where I work!) to catch our flight to Chicago. ( I just had a Freudian slip there, I think... instead of flight, I started typing fRight... I sure hope the airport won't be a fright!)

Tom is taking Sedona to the kennel tomorrow, since he has the day off, and we have a sitter coming to the house to check on Cleo while we're gone. And of course, I'll call a couple times to check on them both! Hopefully they'll do okay- this is the longest we've left them- Sedona should have a good time at the kennel; they also have doggie day care, so she'll get to socialize with the other dogs a couple of days, too. Cleo is going to have the house to herself, so we'll see what happens- I have a feeling she'll just curl up and sleep on her cushion, even though the dreaded dog will be gone!

I haven't been a good blogger lately, either. It's been two weeks since my last post- the time is going so fast, though- it seems like Halloween was only last week! We finally had some of the work done on the house for the "2-month walkthrough" that we did at least a month or more ago... we kept having to reschedule, because Tom needed to be here, and kept getting sent out of town. There were a few minor things, like a ceiling light fixture that wasn't installed correctly, a crack in one of the toilets, a bathtub that only had scalding hot water, stuff like that. Really nothing major, thank goodness. The only down side is, the appliance guy came to look at the stove (the top is uneven- it sort of "sags" in towards the middle, so you can't make a round pancake or fried egg) and he said "that's just the way they're designed" which we both think is a load of hogwash!!! He did order a new top for it, so we'll see. Not that I'm a great chef, I'm not by any stretch of the imagination, so I need all the help I can get!

Well, here's to documenting an eventful year in the desert (although somewhat sporadically at times) and hopefully a smoother one to come!

No comments: