December 21, 2005

a couple cards

I got a couple really nice comments on the Thanksgiving card- they took a while, since I watercolored it using markers and a blender pen. Tom's dad thought it was really nice (I think he thought I drew it, which I feel kind of bad about, since it was a rubber stamp), and his grandma said it looked like I cut the picture off of a card and pasted it onto mine, which means it looks professional, I think! LOL! The Christmas card was a lot simpler, which is good, since I made 30 of them- but, I think it turned out nice. It was stamped and heat embossed (using a stamp I got from an internet swap), with textured cardstock and scraps of Christmas wrap (paper traded from my friend Liz). I made them assembly-line style, working on them one step at a time, so it didn't seem like quite so much work at any one time.

I've found most of the scrapbooking stores in the area (in the east valley, anyway), and I'm working my way to the stamping ones... I joined the January ATC (Artist Trading Card) swap at The Pampered Stamper (a stamp store in Mesa), and I've already started thinking up ideas for my ATC for the trade.

No comments: