March 30, 2015

more scrapbooking-- layout share: BFF's

and, an apology-- I realized that one of the layouts in the last post was one that I had shown you before-- sorry about that! I guess it was because of staying up really late... :D


Valentine's Page Kit

Last time I scrapbooked at the Scrapbook Barn in Gilbert, I got a page kit as a make-a-take, to make the page above. It's a nice-enough page, and all the supplies for it were included. In the course of the last couple weeks of scrapping, I used the word paper banner for another page so I needed to make a couple modifications to the kit to actually use it. When I looked at my photos, I decided to take my page in a slightly different direction... 

corrugated heart with my page title: bff's.  (I dispensed with the
computer printed title in the kit in favor of glittery Thickers)
So as you can see from the photo above, I decided to make a page about Prescott and Bisbee. They really are BFF's... wherever one is, the other isn't far away. After Bisbee had her teeth cleaning and extraction, she had to stay quiet for a week so she could heal.  Keeping quiet was tough on her, but it drove Prescott crazy that they couldn't play together! When one of them is inside and the other one is outside, the inside dog stands in the doorway and whines... and so on.


The finished page
I used some of the words from the leftover banner paper to add to my now floral banner, moved the heart title, and used two larger photos instead of one large + 3 smaller ones, but otherwise, the page was made pretty much like the kit. I think it turned out pretty nice, it's a topic I've wanted to scrap, and now I have!! 

(Calvinball for the win!)

No comments: