February 17, 2013

cozy kittys SB layout

so, I've finally moved on from scrapbook layout makeovers to working on making layouts with some un-scrapped photos! I have a pile of random to-be-scrapped photos sitting on my desk, and grabbed a couple of them last evening to work on. These pictures are actually pretty old- the photos are of my first two cats, Cleo and Phoebe. (I got them as kittens, for my 25th birthday- seems like a long time ago, now.) And from the background in the photos, I can tell that the pictures were taken in the very first apartment I lived in on my own, so it was somewhere in the early-to-mid 1990s. Crazy, huh? More like lucky that I've kept them all these years, without losing them! I'm pretty sure these are actually film photos, too, so that's an even better reason to get them scrapbooked and into my photo album.  

Here's the finished layout:


Well, actually, the scrapping process for this page started a bit before yesterday: I knew I wanted to scrap these particular photos, and I knew I wanted a 'fun' patterned paper that included pink, since there's pink in the pictures. The other day I was in Michael's craft store, and there it was: the perfect polka-dotted paper! It includes the pink, but not so in an 'overly girly' way... and the other colors made it easy to choose complementary papers to use with it. The general page layout was inspired by a scrapbook page I found and have saved on Pinterest. (see the Pinterest pin here. The layout was originally pinned from a website called myscrapbooknook.org but it looks like the site's no longer active, otherwise I'd link to the original layout itself.) 

Now, on to the some of the details:


I thought my layout needed a little 'something' in the upper left corner, so I added a couple small snippets of paper left over from making the layout. I added a bit of dimension with 3-D foam tape, and by inking the edges of the striped paper (and most of the other papers) with a black ink pad.


This is a look at the lower right area underneath the title; that tag was also popped up with 3-D foam tape for dimension.  Funny thing about that 'tag' too... it actually started as a 3x4 card from my Project Life core kit! I had another one of them out to make a Project Life journaling card, and I thought the colors would work perfect with the patterned background paper. Altogether, I think I used six different patterned papers on this page, from about as many different manufacturers. Adding in the stickers and the heart stickers, and that makes it a total of eight different patterns and manufacturers. As long as the colors and patterns work together, I don't care who made it, or how old it is. 


And the 3-D pillow heart stickers on this page? They were still on my desk from the Valentine cards I made last week, lol! I thought they fit in perfect, since the photos are of my kitties being all snuggly and loving with each other. (the stickers in this photo are sitting on a gray vintage ticket that I inked and tucked underneath the top part of the photo mat. This helps lead your eye to the photos. 

Between finishing the previous 2-page layout and making this page, I was in my scrapbooking room last night till well after midnight: now that I've finally got my scrapping mojo back, I don't want to quit! (partly for fear of losing it again, I think...) But sadly, right now I do need to quit, at least for a bit- I need to do some yard work. After all those freezing low temps, I need to do some pruning and cleaning up. But the quicker I get it done, the quicker I can get back up to my craft supplies, right? (that's one way to get incentive for completing my chores, I guess!)

1 comment:

Alison said...

Such a cute LO...the spotty paper is lovely..and I love these hearts!
Alison xx