October 04, 2011

a bit of random and a SB page

after yet another dust storm blew through the Valley, it rained this afternoon and evening-- yay!! Some lightning, thunder, and I actually needed to use my windshield wipers (only on intermittent, but still... rain-- yay!!)

Below is another SB page that I've had in my head for a while; I just needed to work out how to lay it out. Quite honestly, it was inspired by a set of stickers that I found in the $1 bin at JoAnn's etc. When I saw them, I knew I had to buy them, and instantly had an idea for a scrapbook page-- I love when that happens!

This is a close-up of one of the stickers (they're 3-D, with printed transparency wings). The detail shot also shows the 3-D effect I got in the grass... lots of cutting with scissors, but it turned out nice!
Here is the entire page... a sort of goofy page about how having the patio screened in is good for us (no bugs) and for the cats (they can't get out into the yard). I used some actual window screen for the page background. Thankfully the bugs in our yard aren't actually that big; if they were, they might be able to fly right through the screen!! LOL!

No comments: