January 25, 2006

craft corner- new crafty shopping option

I recently found a crafts internet shopping site that you might like to check out- www.etsy.com is a site similar to ebay, only all the items listed on Etsy are handcrafted, vintage, or craft supplies. You can find silver or beaded jewelry, cards, art, clothing, polymer clay jewelry, knitted scarves, handmade toys, you name it... Sellers get their own shop space to list their items, and purchasers can buy items from individual sellers- you have to register with the site (registering is free) in order to purchase items, like any other online shopping site.

Anyway, there are tons of cool things on here, but I wanted to tell you about one shop in particular: crimsoncat05.etsy.com which is mine!!! I'm just starting out, so I don't know how it will go yet. It only costs 10 cents per listing, and the site gets a small percentage of the selling fees, so I figured I could afford to try it out and see what happens. There's only so many holidays that I can send you guys cards for, so I thought I'd see if anyone else wanted any of them- LOL!

Let me know what you think, and pass the word, if you like what you see- the Etsy site was only created last June, so it's still growing and not all that well-known, but I think it's a neat way to find unique, handcrafted items!

No comments: