May 02, 2013

breakfast at the hotel

Early Saturday morning at the hotel, I had to get something (I don't even remember what) out of my car. When I went outside, I decided I had to go back inside and get my camera, so I could get a shot of this (click on the photos to enlarge them):


see him?? look close at the top of the fountain...


here he is closer-- after doing some Googling, I think it might be
a 'sharp-shinned hawk.' (maybe?? I really need to get a new bird book.) 


perhaps he was looking to have his breakfast at the fountain? 
I got too close to him, though, and scared him off. 

It was a long weekend, with way too little sleep, but it was a lot of fun. I might not have gotten much accomplished, but I met some really nice people, and shared lots of interesting stories. That's one of the great things about scrapbooking- it's all about preserving and sharing your stories and memories!

I got all my stuff back home on Sunday, and even unpacked it all already!! Everything is back in its place up in my craft room; now I just need to finish up the layouts I made while I was there. National Scrapbooking Day is this Saturday, so I think Saturday and Sunday might be scrapbooking days for me.  (after a trip to the Botanical Gardens Butterfly Exhibit on Saturday- more photo ops to practice using my new camera!)  And, I might even be ambitious and start a few more projects- there's lots of layout ideas rattling around up in my head.

I'll make sure to post pics of the layouts when I have them completely done! (or at least post what I have done at the end of the weekend, lol!)

1 comment:

Alison said...

I've just had catch up with your posts...glad you' enjoyed the crop, even if you feel you didn't achieve much. My blog friend Deb was at the Botanical Gardens this week...you should really check out her blog- I reckon you guys must live pretty close to each other! She blogs at

http://paperturtle.blogspot.com

Alison xx