May 25, 2012

catching up...

so, just a bit of a catch-up post, since I've been away from the blog for a while-- this next photo may explain something about why:
ick!! this photo is evidence of a clear liquid diet, in preparation for a surgery I had on the 15th. (it went fine, no worries!) I've been resting and recuperating since the surgery, and am ready to go back to work next week. (another ick!! to having to go back to getting up at 5 am, though.)
Tom has been great taking care of me-- he brought me 'get-well' flowers, along with a long-anticipated Diet Dr. Pepper!! (it tasted great, for about the first three sips... my stomach still had a ways to go to get back to normal, so it went into the fridge. But, it's the thought that counts, definitely!) 
I finally started getting out and about the last couple days, and this afternoon, I decided to find out how much art-journaling stuff I could lug out onto the patio- turns out, the answer to that question is: a lot!! I figured since it was a bit breezy, that would help the paint and spray ink dry... turns out, it was more windy than breezy, which didn't help ANYthing but upping my frustration level. But, I did fulfill that 'creative-mess-making' urge a bit, anyway... 
Here's a couple of my latest journal pages, still in-progress.  
A few details, from L-R: left: this page was made with Dylusions spray inks (these are absolutely gorgeous colors!!) and a bit of acrylics; middle: a watercolor background with some acrylic paint stamping, and the beginnings of a collage with photocopied patterns and a magazine image; right: colored cardstock background with a magazine image, some spray inks, and collaged papers with acrylic paint. Much more inking, stamping, and doodling is still to go on these pages, but colorful creative interlude was a much-needed boost for my energy.


now, I think a bit of a rest is in order... (after washing off the paint, that is!) Have a wonderful holiday weekend!

No comments: