February 03, 2009

weekend entertainment in pictures...

It was a typical weekend around here... a little laundry, some television, snacks, the usual. This pic is of my latest flea market finds. Saturday morning, I got up early (6 am!!) and headed out to a flea market at one of the Valley's antique malls- the dealers were set up in the parking lot of the Merchant Square antique mall. It was pretty nice, to be "flea-ing" again; Arizona's flea markets don't compare to the ones back in the Midwest (I have actually thought about traveling back home to visit a couple flea markets: Elkhorn, WI and Sandwich, IL are two of my favorites!), but this one was okay. The entire stack of sheet music was $1; no idea what I'll do with it all, but I just love the square dancing couple on the front of that folk music book! The vintage novel is from the 1930s, and is by an author that I happen to collect- a great find for $3!! (the stories remind me of Phyllis Whitney: mystery/romance novels, set against a backdrop of country estates in the Northeast.) The small flowers are felt decorations on handmade bridge tallies; I have no idea what I'll do with them either, but I had to have them. And, the giant protractor is a teaching aid, I think, and for no purpose at all- just because it was fun!! (for $1, I couldn't pass it up!!) I didn't have time to go through the antique mall itself, so I will definitely have to go back.
I had to take a photograph of this... for a few brief minutes, Arizona was winning the SuperBowl! It was a sad loss...
...but at least the snacks were good! Homemade potato skins, and chili-cheese nachos (with extra jalapenos, of course!!)
...this is a very rare photo of the elusive, endangered, Southwestern Shel-ephant... (only seen in the desert during laundry season.) We had some fun at Sedona's expense while folding the laundry... our dogs are so patient! (sometimes, anyway!!)

1 comment:

Kelly Kilmer said...

I *love* the photo of the elusive Shel-elephant ;)