November 15, 2006

still here...

yes, we're still here... I'm amazed to realize that Thanksgiving is next week, Christmas is only a few weeks away, and we've actually been in Arizona for just over a year! Lots has been going on the last week or so; it seems like so much longer than that since I've posted... unfortunately, what's been going on hasn't been good- I can't really write the details about it now, it's too hard... nothing's wrong with Tom or me, we're fine, but Phoebe is sick. Phoebe is one of my 12 1/2 year old tabby cats. I've had them (Phoebe and her sister, Cleo) since they were 6 weeks old, they've always been together, and it looks like soon Cleo is going to have to learn to get along by herself. I know it's a fact of life, but it's still hard to face when the time comes... I never thought about it, other than to figure it would be a few years off yet. Anyway, I haven't been too creative lately, between work and regular life stuff... who knew as a kid that adult life would take so much time, and not always be easy??? Remember when you were little, and you only wanted to be older, so you could be in charge? It looked so good from a kid's vantage point! It's not as easy as it seemed, after all...

No comments: