July 20, 2006

packing... but where???

So, today is Thursday, but it is our "Friday" because both Tom and I are off tomorrow, for the final walk-through. It is scheduled for 10:00, will probably take a couple hours, and the appt to sign the papers is set for 1:30 pm. We don't get the keys tomorrow, though- in AZ, you sign all the papers and the title company has a few days to make sure everything is in order. Also, the lag gives the builder time to fix any issues before we do take posession, which is scheduled for Wednesday the 26th after 4 pm. Anything needing repairs after that will have to be fit into our schedule... so, let's hope the fixes required are minor, and can be taken care of in just a couple days.

Last night I did actually pack 4, count them, 4, boxes of craft stuff. There are at least 5 or 6 more boxes to go, but I couldn't bring myself to do any more last night- there's no place to put them! (The final number of boxes will probably be more- most of what's left is books, which get heavy really quick.) Plus, I had been crafting earlier, for Judy's b-day present (no looks at it till I know she got it in the mail), so I was in the crafting mood... it absolutely pained me to start packing it away, with no prospect of using it at all until the new room is set up. It's not like I've been doing much crafting before, but faced with the prospect of not having the possibility of doing it at all gave me withdrawl pains, I think. I will definitely have to make more time for crafting and scrapping in the new house!!! So, to console myself, I've been doing a lot of surfing on the internet, on message forums, galleries, and crafter's blogs. This is good and bad- good, because it's eye candy, but bad because it gives me the crafting itch! Last evening I found a new technique that I immediately tried (using crinkled up saran wrap to apply ink to the paper, to make a textured background- cool!), and started to make a card with it- then, I came to my senses and realized I was only doing it to delay the packing. Sadly, I put everything away, and forced myself to pack. Hopefully I can find those pieces of paper when I unpack, so I can finish the cards!

Well, back to surfing craft blogs for consolation... (and maybe pack a couple boxes!)

and, last but not least, Tom got an earlier flight home from Baltimore (this last trip was Philadelphia, drive to Falls Church, VA, then drive to Baltimore to the airport) so he should be home at the usual time tonight!

No comments: