June 01, 2009

happy birthday to me!

My Honda CRV had almost 158,000 miles on it... it was getting to the point that we were starting to worry about what might go wrong with it, and how much it would cost. And, since I drive so many miles (about 70 miles round trip every day), we needed something reliable. It was hard to let it go (I loved all the space for "stuff" it had!) but we traded it in for this guy, a Honda Fit hatchback. I love the color ("Storm Silver Metallic" because silver doesn't show the dust!), and we made sure to add the windshield replacement coverage to the insurance, since there are soooo many trucks that kick up rocks out here in the desert. it's pretty fun to drive, with that "engine full of 1.5 liters of fury" as the brochure said- LOL!! and it does get lots better gas mileage than my CRV did- it's kinda sad, though... it had 18 miles on the odometer when we picked it up, and it already has over 600 miles on it, just a week and a half later!

4 comments:

Mare said...

HEY! Good to see you post again! Happy Birthday! My son in law just got a Honda Fit and loves it too...I know what you mean about giving up your CRV. I have a Ford Escape and i LOVE all the room and extras it has....But i don't love it's appetite for gas....

Roses and Lilacs said...

Happy belated birthday! I wonder how much longer my Toyota will hang together;) I hate to think of trading it, it's been so reliable. Your new car is a cutie and the idea of better gas mileage is very appealing.
Marnie

Jackie said...

cute car, Jenn!
Happy Birthday indeed!!!

crimsoncat05 said...

thanks for the birthday wishes, guys!! I did hate to give up the CRV, but 38 mpg highway makes up for it, and the hatchback does hold quite a bit of stuff. (plus, the windows came tinted from the dealer, which is a definite plus out here in the desert!)