January 19, 2008

Root Canal, Post Office...

What do they have in common, you ask?? They both are uncomfortable, and take a long time!

When I mail packages for my Etsy shop, I usually take them to the post office, just to make sure I have the correct postage... some of my packages are odd-shaped, and they changed the rules last summer about how thick envelopes can be to be called letters. The post office here in town is TINY (with no plans to expand, unfortunately), they don't have counter hours on Saturday, and they always seem to charge me more than the other PO I go to... the other PO is in Tempe, on my way home from work, but it's always busy- I usually stand in line for at least 15 minutes, no matter what day of the week it is. I just found a "shipping and packing" store in town, though, so next time I need something mailed, I'll check them out. They're open later than the PO, and maybe they can help me out.

As far as root canals, I found out just how uncomfortable they can be, too... I have had problems with one of my teeth for a few weeks now- excruciating pain when drinking something cold, or eating something sweet. It was one of the back molars you need to chew, too, unfortunately... turns out I had decay under a very old filling, and two big cracks in the tooth, besides! So, root canal it is. I had the first part of it done last Tuesday, and have a temporary filling till next Thursday, when the dentist will finish it up. It didn't hurt, thank goodness, because I've heard lots of bad things about root canals... it was just a really uncomfortable feeling... it doesn't help, having to eat on the other side of my mouth, right now, either... that's starting to mess with the other side of my jaw. (but, I don't want the temporary filling to fall out!) Eventually, I will have to get a crown on that tooth so the pressure from chewing doesn't stress the cracks and make them worse.

I guess compared to braces, jaw surgery and eating thru a straw while my jaw was wired shut, having a root canal isn't that bad, though... everything I've gone through is all in an effort to keep my teeth and bite in good shape so I can keep my own teeth as long as possible.

Not a ton of crafting going on; I have some new domino keychains in progress, and a few other ideas in mind, but I also need to work on cat-proofing my craft room... they get into everything, so I've had to start keeping the door shut, otherwise there are paintbrushes-turned-cat toys all over the floor, etc. I need to put together a "travel crafting kit" too, because next weekend I will be going to Chicago for two weeks for business (training on some new equipment). I'll go crazy in my hotel room every night without something to do! I am going to see if I can get together with a couple friends while I'm there, but will definitely need some projects to keep me busy! I'm taking my laptop with me, too... the internet will definitely be more interesting than the movies on cable available in the hotel.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

The best thing about having dentist treatment is how smug you feel when it's all over!Until the next six month check up that is...
Enjoy the windy city!

Unknown said...

Me again! Forgot to say I hope the kitty's are settling in well and not up to too much mischief!

Felicia said...

Eek, sorry to hear about the root canal!

I too have noticed that I've paid different postage for the exact same weight package at different post offices. What is up with that? I've found the best and most efficient small post office just a few minutes from work so that is where I try to do all my mailing.

crimsoncat05 said...

thanks! the kitties are settling in fine (it's amazing what they find to get into!)... Felicia, you're lucky to have a good PO near you; I am still on my quest for the best PO I can find.