February 20, 2007

shop announcement

so, I've decided to stage my first Etsy shop promotion:

2/19/07 news: FREE SHIPPING SPECIAL!!!

******************************************

In honor of my third anniversary, and also because I like the number 3, I'm offering free shipping on any orders of three or more items purchased from now thru March 3rd. Please add "3rd special" in the notes to the seller when you check out, and wait for me to send you an adjusted invoice before paying.

We'll see how it goes. I'm also writing an e-mail announcement about Etsy (and my shop, too...) to send out soon. It's such a cool site, and I think most people would rather buy a handcrafted item or gift than a "big-box store" one, but they can't shop there if they don't know about it, right?

My latest creation for sale in my shop is this embroidered flower basket card. I saw a project similar to this in one of the Martha Stewart magazines I bought at the used book sale; that one used flower-shaped buttons ... since I don't have any of those, I used some flowers and metal eyelets from my SB supply stash.

The sewing wasn't too hard, and I even wove the threads together in the basket for an extra detail. I like how it turned out, and the aqua, fuchsia, rose and light blue is a nice combination, I think. I stitched it up during the Nascar race on Sunday, although I did have to set it down to watch the extra-thrilling ending! (bummer about Mark Martin, though- he was robbed!)

No comments: