November 19, 2006

today's craftiness

So here's what I've been working on; I put them for sale in my etsy shop- I've neglected it over the past few months, and hope to get it going again. (check out the link in the sidebar- don't just stop at my shop, keep searching- etsy has really amazing things for sale!!!)
This wreath ornament is totally made from paper- a thin paper ring for the foundation, then glued fern frond to it, punched from three different green papers. I added brown punched branches with red glitter berries, and a thin cream ribbon hanger. It ended up being about 3 1/2 inches in diameter, and is light as a feather.

These were a bit of work, but turned out quite cute, if I do say so myself. I made a set of 6 placecards... got the placecard idea from a recent issue of Creating Keepsakes magazine. The snowman is two circle punches glued together, his hat is from a square punch with a brim added (and a glittery hatband!), I handcut branches for arms, and gave each one a festive fiber scarf. The finished card is tent-folded, and is 4 inches wide by 1 3/4 inches tall, with a light blue rectangle added for writing the name in.

Here are three of the six; not the best picture- unfortunately we still haven't gotten the digital camera fixed, so I had to use the scanner. The card is dark blue cardstock, with white heat-embossed snowflakes.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

The wreath looks like it was a lot of work! It's gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

Jennifer, these are darling!

Anonymous said...

Great job, I love the wreath!!!

Anonymous said...

Love the cute little wreath and snowman place cards. You put a lot of work in both!

Lisa Carroll said...

Oh my goodness, Jennifer... I made a wwreath EXACTLY like that a few years ago! In fact, I think it's still in my gallery over at two Peas! And yes, I can confirm - it IS a LOT of work! LOL I think I used tiny red rhinestones for my holly berries and made the whole thing to look as if it was hanging on a door. :) And that snowman placecard is just adorable!